A video has gone viral that is sure to delight animal lovers. It features four tigers drinking from a water source. Three of the tigers are cubs, and they are totally adorable!
The video was shared with the world by Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer Susanta Nanda on his Twitter with the following explanation:
“Next few days will be at the tiger capital of India- Pench & Central Indian tiger landscape, source of life-sustaining water for many. Just for information, a tiger can live without food for 2 weeks, but without water for 4 days max. Enjoy the clip of the family having water.”
Video of tiger cubs goes viral
The 14-second video went viral immediately, with more than 11.4k views in just 9 hours, according to News18. And since the video was posted on November 7, it’s gotten 36.8K views, 654 retweets, and 3.2K likes. You can see the video below.
The original video was filmed by Ajit Kulkarni on the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve in 2018. The reserve is located in the Chandrapur district in Maharashtra, India. It’s reportedly the oldest and largest national park in the state.
Tweets show love for tiger cubs
Twitter went crazy over the video of the three cubs and tigress. Here are some of the tweets responding to the video.
“Nature at its best.”
“Wow! Amazing! … #Wildlife family is fetching water royally. This is a real pride & majesty of India.”
“The life lesson mother giving to cubs. Drinking water from outside in a position ready to run, vigilant of crocs.”
“Want to hug and kiss them all … Too bad I can’t.”
Amazing tiger facts
Here are some surprising facts about tigers you may not have known about, according to Animal Planet.
- Tiger stripes are just like human fingerprints: Each tiger’s stripes are unique. No two tigers have the exact same stripes.
- A tiger’s tail actually serves a purpose. At around three feet long, the tail helps keep the tiger balanced when it makes quick turns.
- Most tigers live from 10 to 15 years. However, tigers — on rare occasions — can live up to 26 years in the wild.
- Unless a female tiger is raising cubs, they usually live solitary lives. This is unlike lions, which live in permanent groups.
- Tigers are actually good swimmers. They can swim long distances to hunt or cross bodies of water.
- A tiger’s night vision is up to six times greater than a human’s.
- A tiger’s roar can be heard up to two miles away. They vocalize by growling, moaning, roaring, hissing, and chuffing.
Adorable tiger cubs
In addition to the above tiger cubs, here are some super cute cubs that will make you smile.
These tiger cubs are totally adorable. But what do tiger cubs eat? They nurse for about 24 weeks. Then, the mother tiger starts bringing her cubs food to eat, including wild pigs, deer, buffalo, and other animals.
It isn’t until the tigers are older that they begin to hunt prey with their mother, usually between the ages of eight and 10 months. But they aren’t able to completely hunt alone until around 2.5 years old.
Tiger cubs are born completely helpless, usually weighing around 2.2 pounds. And, sadly, about 50% of cubs don’t live beyond two years, according to the San Diego Zoo.
Here are a few tiger cams you can check out:
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park: https://www.sdzsafaripark.org/tiger-cam
- Big Cat Rescue Tiger Lake: https://explore.org/livecams/big-cat-rescue/big-cat-rescue-tiger-lake
- Mike the Tiger: https://www.mikethetiger.com/tiger-cam
- Woodland Park Zoo: https://www.zoo.org/tigercam
Check out the adorable video below of tiger cubs and their mother enjoying a drink of water.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Next few days will be at the tiger capital of India- Pench & Central Indian tiger landscape, source of life sustaining water for many. Just for information, a tiger can live without food for 2 weeks, but without water for 4 days max. Enjoy the clip of the family having water. pic.twitter.com/PL5U1dR69t
— Susanta Nanda IFS (@susantananda3) November 8, 2019