Dogs — they’re called man’s best friend for a reason. There are so many reasons to love our furry friends. Even if you’re not a “dog person,” per se, you can’t deny they’re some of the most loyal, loving, and affectionate pets you can possibly have.
Many famous people have loved dogs. Martha Stewart has several, including a Chow Chow named Ghengis Khan. Singer Sarah McLachlan is a huge dog lover, singing her song “Angel” for a commercial for The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. “Golden Girls” actress Betty White, meanwhile, loves dogs so much that she once refused to be in a movie because it depicted one getting pushed down a slide.
Considering how much we love our dogs, it’s no surprise they make their way onto our social media. Every one of their cutest moments gets documented, from getting into mischief to taking naps. That even goes for Snapchat, where thousands of users have gotten their dogs in on the fun.
And why shouldn’t we? Our dogs are a huge part of our lives. They’re with us through thick and thin. And, as these snaps show, they’re pretty darn funny.
1. What’s going on in there?
2. “Going on a trip” is an understatement
3. Don’t worry about a thing
4. Nap, interrupted
5. Pleading the Fifth
6. The most interesting dog in the world
7. “I’M SORRY!”
8. It’s time to go home
9. Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
10. You don’t need a blanket when you have fluff
12. He’s going make you an offer that you can’t refuse
13. Even pups can turn their lives around
14. Talk about interbreeding
15. I’m a cow now
16. His hat keeps him from being completely naked
17. Science just doesn’t know when to stop
18. How to ruin a family photo in the best possible way
19. The privileged 1 percent
20. *gasp* It’s MY birthday!
21. That’s what I call a food coma
22. Long distance love
23. Waiter, there’s a cat in my food
24. What needs to be said?
25. In his defense, that cat is gunning for him
26. This caption says it all
27. When were you planning on telling me about this?